PG (propylene glycol) and VG (vegetable glyerine, or glycerol) are ingredients in e-liquid which create the vapor.
Both are widely used in a variety of products for human consumption. PG is associated with a stronger “throat hit” but with less visible vapor, whereas VG has a sweetish taste and produces a much more visible vapor. Some vapers find PG irritates their throat and lungs and choose to use VG based e-liquids instead. Some e-liquids contain a blend of both ingredients to balance out the characteristics of each.
- Are there any companies I should avoid?
- How can I get the best tobacco-like flavour?
- What should I look for when choosing a vaping device?
- Can I save money over smoking?
- What strength e-liquid should I buy?
- What e-liquids should I get?
- What are PG or VG liquids?
- Is vaping right for me?
- What device do I need to buy?
- Is vaping safe?
- Why should I vape?
- How do vaping devices work?